5 September 2017
Announcing the Go Community Outreach Working Group
The Go project has grown considerably with over half a million users and community members all over the world. To date all community oriented activities have been organized by the community with minimal involvement from the Go project. We greatly appreciate these efforts.
After talking to many community organizers we have heard consistent feedback that they would like better collaboration between organizers and the Go project. We are forming the Community outreach Working Group (CWG) to help support these community efforts.
The CWG Mission
The mission of the CWG is to act as a conduit between the broader Go community, it’s organizers and the Go project. The CWG will help provide the structures and community management necessary to create an online and in person community that is enjoyable and rewarding to participate in. The CWG leadership represents the Go project in these efforts.
The CWG is responsible for:
- Defining programs to facilitate deeper collaboration across the community.
- Facilitating the coordination of Go events
- Establishing growth and expansion plans for the community
- Project exposure and accessibility
- Ecosystem Development
Plans for Action
The CWG has an open GitHub repo we’ve created for complete transparency of our efforts. We have various GitHub projects which are acting as our primary initiatives. Each project has a variety of issues tied to them with assignees from our Leadership team and our members.
If you’d like to get involved, we encourage you to comment on the issue that interests you or submit an issue yourself!
- Go 2017 Survey Results
- Hello, 中国!
- Participate in the 2017 Go User Survey
- Eight years of Go
- Contribution Workshop
- Contributors Summit
- Toward Go 2
- Go 2016 Survey Results
- Participate in the 2016 Go User Survey and Company Questionnaire
- Go, Open Source, Community
- GopherChina Trip Report
- Four years of Go
- Get thee to a Go meetup
- Go turns three
- Getting to know the Go community
- The Go Programming Language turns two
- Spotlight on external Go libraries
- Third-party libraries: goprotobuf and beyond