22 January 2018
We are thrilled to announce that the content on golang.org is now available in mainland China through the name https://golang.google.cn. The growing Go developer community in China can now directly access official documentation, technical articles, and binaries.
The Go community in China is bigger than ever. In 2015, Robert Griesemer visited Shanghai to attend GopherChina, the first Go conference in the country. In the years since, it has become one of the largest Go conferences in the world with over 1200 attendees at their 2017 event. Over the same period, one of the most popular community-built Go forums saw their traffic increase threefold and the number of participants in Go-specific groups on social platforms like WeChat and QQ has grown to over 11,000 people.
We’re excited to provide even more resources for Go developers in China to supplement the excellent material already available to them, but this is just the beginning. We’ll be focusing on making Go more accessible to non-English speakers in 2018, so keep watching this space.
- Participate in the 2017 Go User Survey
- Eight years of Go
- Community Outreach Working Group
- Contribution Workshop
- Contributors Summit
- Toward Go 2
- Go 2016 Survey Results
- Participate in the 2016 Go User Survey and Company Questionnaire
- Go, Open Source, Community
- GopherChina Trip Report
- Four years of Go
- Get thee to a Go meetup
- Go turns three
- Getting to know the Go community
- The Go Programming Language turns two
- Spotlight on external Go libraries
- Third-party libraries: goprotobuf and beyond